Hobie and Beau with their new baby sister !
Both of these pups were rescued from Devore Shelter
in San Bernardino County.
One of California's highest kill shelters.
They are so loved and spoiled.
Molly and her 9 puppies ! ALL ADOPTED
a few of our Lucky PupS already Adopted!
LOOKING TO RESCUE and ADOPT RIGHT AWAY ? We don't have any dogs ready for adoption right now.
WE SUGGEST: www.petfinder.com
This website is awesome, and is used by most local rescues to showcase their available pets for adoption, dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs and more!
Just enter your wishlist (location, type of animal, age, gender, breed ) for available rescue dogs in an area of Southern California that you choose. If you expand your search to a wider area, you will have more options for adoptable animals.
PLEASE. PLEASE. we beg of you, don't adopt a pet on a whim, it can be a 10-20 year commitment and caring for pets IS expensive for good food, dentals, possible back surgeries, leg surgeries, illnesses, vaccinations, flea medications, doggie day care, dog walkers. . . . . Pet Insurance is a recommended expense.
Remember too, that not all rescues will take the dogs back when you tire of them, or have a lifestyle change.
They may end up at the shelter and possibly euthanized.
It can be traumatic for a pet to loose their home, if they end up in the shelter and are finally adopted again or maybe not. The shelters are overcrowded and they are killing animals for "space".
Unfortunately, we aren't able to take owner relinquishments at this time,
unless your dog was previously adopted from Lucky Pup Dog Rescue.
Lucy and her pups ! All ADOPTED
These moms and their babies ALL RESCUED AND ADOPTED!
OUR ADOPTION PROCESS
Changing lives . . . one little dog at a time !
* Lucky Pup Dog Rescue.org • 501c3 non profit volunteer based dog rescue • IRS # 90-0753223 © 2024
Founded in 2011
Lucky Pup Dog Rescue
Rio ! ADOPTED
We know our rescue dogs have been through a lot, before we save them. so we are really committed to finding the very best forever home and happily ever for each one of them.
That said, not every dog is a good match for every home. Sometimes potential adopters may take it personally or are offended if we don't feel it's a good match for a specific dog. Please know all of our placements are done with love & our dogs best interest at heart. We always take our dogs back, even years later, should something not work out. We just want to move forward with the best possible chance for success. It is stressful for everyone when dogs are returned.
* We required an adoption application, that includes information about your life style, other pets, current living situation.
* We require a home visit to see where your new Lucky Pup will live. We assess safety, fencing and the like.
* We require an adoption fee, generally in the $300 range. This doesn't really cover what we have invested to prepare a dog for adoption. Dentals/Spay/neuter, vaccinations/microchip etc.
* If you would like to donate more to support our work, or give on a monthly basis - that is SO appreciated! Your donation is a charitable donation to a local non profit rescue. Unlike the national "big box" animal organizations, who do next to nothing for dogs in California shelters who will be euthanized. We rescue our dogs, care for them, cover all their medical expenses and find happily ever afters.
Did you know the shelters we rescue from even don't spay or neuter our dogs or provide rabies shots or any medical care?? Many dogs actually get sick at the shelter and we handle those issues as well. All of those expenses are covered by donations like yours.
Your donation helps us to continue to rescue and care for dogs. We also use our funds to assist other small rescues and specific dogs in need.